Fast. Convenient. Effective.Click here to see our events calendar. For questions, topic suggestions and comments contact the Events Team at 360.943.1600.
We offer webinars to accommodate the busy schedules of today's business professionals. Webinars allow you to sharpen your knowledge and skills from the convenience of your home, office or on the go!
If your schedule allows for a more interpersonal experience, we also offer a variety of seminars to fit your needs.
Featured Webinar: 2020 HR & Employment Law Webinar Series
The Association of Washington Business is hosting a six-month webinar series that covers common Employment Law topics. We have partnered with law offices across Washington state to give you everything you need for your business! All webinars will be at 10:30 a.m. PST and will run 60-90 minutes, including ample Q&A time. The package includes all six webinars, topic materials and wrap-up resources that will include all webinar materials, extra information and sample documents.
- Wednesday, February 5
- Pre-Hire, Hiring & Job Descriptions
- Sarah Swale, Jensen Morse Baker PLLC
- Wednesday, March 4
- Employee Handbook
- Greg Hendershott & Angela Vogel, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Wednesday, April 1
- Wage & Hours
- Shirley Lou-Magnuson & Resh Sidhu, Lane Powell PC
- Wednesday, May 20
- Performance Evaluations , Disciplinary Action & Termination
- Britenae Pierce, Ryan, Swanson & Cleveland
- Wednesday, June 3
- Non-Competes, Confidentiality Agreements, Non-Solicitations and Intellectual Property Protection
- Amy Mensik & William Symmes, Witherspoon Kelley
- Wednesday, July 1
- Accident Prevention & Accident Investigation Plans
- Tim O-Connell & Karin Jones, Stoel Rives LLP
SECURE Act Legislation Webinar
Join AWB and Integrity Financial on Wednesday, Feb. 26 for a special webinar covering a new law that may impact you or your business. The SECURE Act Legislation (Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement) is a comprehensive retirement and savings law that went into effect Jan. 1.
The Feb. 26 webinar, presented by Integrity Financial Principal Kristofer Gray, will give you an overview of the new law and how the most significant provisions could impact you and your business. Gray is a private wealth management and family certified financial planner. He specializes in family wealth and estate planning, private equity and alternative investments, family foundations, trust structures, family LLC planning, GRATs, and private placement life insurance contracts.
- Tax Credits - significant increase and a reason to get a plan started.
- Auto-enrollment - tax credits, as the DOL has seen good results from this arrangement.
- MEP benefits - exemption from needing to prepare and file their 5500 that now has much stiffer penalties.
- Members | $25
- Non-Members | $35