April 25, 2018
AWB Communications Team earns honors from Hermes Creative Awards
AWB's communications team is dedicated to telling the stories Washington's employers - how they support their communities, their employees and the state's economy.
That means we generally work behind-the-scenes, putting our members in front of the camera and behind the microphone. But sometimes it's nice to receive outside recognition -- like word we received this week of a dozen Hermes Creative Awards honors for the AWB communications shop.
This is an international competition that sets up AWB's work against major brands and agencies, including UPS, Prudential, Associated Press Content Services, Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center, Expedia Media Solutions, Fidelity Investments, Lockheed Martin, National Geographic Learning and hundreds of others.
2016 Annual Report -- the highest recognition for a team effort. Every member of our communications department helped create this piece, which highlights the great work by AWB members and our co-workers here at the association.Most meaningful to me was a platinum award for our
Our Comm team members -- Bobbi Cussins, Brian Temple and Brian Mittge -- also brought home awards for the crisp writing and photos in Washington Business magazine, our dynamic online videos, and a gold statuette for the immersive website experience created to highlight our Grow Here employer image campaign.
- Motion Graphic Explanation: Capital Gains Tax - Mike Wolfe - Brian Temple - Gold
- Event: Manufacturing Week Highlights - Brian Temple - Gold
- Marketing (Product): Evening of Excellence promo - Brian Temple - Honorable Mention
- Educational: Capital Gains Tax - Bron's Automotive - Brian Temple - Honorable Mention
- Publication Article: A High-Tech Tinkering Paradise - Brian Mittge - Platinum
- Interview of Interest: Speaker Profile on Frank Luntz - Bobbi Cussins - Gold
- Publication Article: So, You Think You Want to Run a Small Business? - Bobbi Cussins - Gold
- Publication Article: Driving Change Through Awareness - Bobbi Cussins - Honorable Mention
- Photography/Portrait: The Master Wooden Boat-Builder - Brian Mittge - Gold
- Photography/Publication: Moses Lake Sunset Over the Manufacturing Tour Bus - Brian Mittge - Honorable Mention
The team at AWB, from government affairs and membership to communications and our service affiliates, continue to look for ways to help Washington entrepreneurs and employers grow. Telling the stories of Washington businesses is one way that AWB can serve as a catalytic leader and unifying voice for economic prosperity throughout Washington state.