AWB seeking most innovative employers for awards
AWB, with nearly 8,000 members, knows employers are innovators, job creators and excellent community partners and would like to recognize a few of them.
The time to nominate your company for an Evening of Excellence and Manufacturing Excellence award is now - before the June 30 deadline.
AWB is rolling out the red carpet and inviting the Evening of Excellence award recipients to a brand new gala and ceremony Nov. 30 at Benaroya Hall in downtown Seattle. The Evening of Excellence will be a black-tie event in one of the state’s finest venues – a fitting location to recognize the state’s most innovative employers. Join us for a member appreciation reception with networking, live music, food and beverages, along with a full awards program. Learn more and apply here.
Evening of Excellence award categories include:
- Washington Achieve Award – Recognizing a business who has excelled in creating, implementing or supporting a high-caliber education and/or workforce development system aligned with closing the employment gap.
- Washington Connect Award – Recognizing a business whose products and/or services have positively impacted the way in which Washington employers and communities are connected to each other and the world.
- Leading Environmental Practices – Recognizing a business that has put a priority on environmental improvement, education or outreach to their business sector and/or community.
- Washington Advance Award – Recognizing a business who has had a significant impact in their sector, contributing to the advancement of their community and/or statewide economy.
- Entrepreneur of the year – Given to an entrepreneur whose business is less than five years old and has made a significant impact in their industry.
- Employer of the Year – Recognizing an employer who has implemented innovative job retention, creation, benefits, and/or compensation plans that fosters a thriving work environment.
We’re also accepting applications in four categories for the Manufacturing Excellence awards, which will be presented at the annual Manufacturing Summit Oct. 26. The award categories include:
- Green Manufacturing Award — Given to a business that has maximized energy efficiency levels, gone above and beyond regulatory requirements, minimized waste from the production process and reduced its carbon footprint.
- Operational Excellence Award — Recognizing a company that has a distinctive manufacturing process, including continuous improvement, innovations, lean and six sigma and/or application of high technology.
- Innovation Award — Recognizing a company that has maintained a competitive advantage by utilizing innovation while remaining responsive to market demands.
- Manufacturer of the Year Award — This premier award recognizes a company that has a commitment to business excellence, has found creative solutions to challenges that raise or enhance the industry standard, as well as involvement in state and/or local public policy issues that affect manufacturers.
Something else that's new: We're opening up award nominations and applications year-round, with a June 30 deadline for applications each year. More information and an award application is online here.
For more information and to ask questions, contact Kelli Schueler at KelliS@awb.org or 360.943.1600.