Mission StatementThe Grassroots Alliance was established in 2014 with the support of 35 chambers of commerce across the state. Now, the nearly 70-member group is furthering its goal to solidify and grow this local grassroots network to support the legislative and economic development goals of AWB and the chambers.
Download the Local Advocates & Legislative Leaders Sign-Up sheet below
What we can offer you, and what you can offer us
2017 Legislative Priorities
AWB polls all Grassroots Alliance partners each fall to arrive at the top three policy priorities for the upcoming legislative session. The top three issues for the Grassroots Alliance are prioritized in order based on the survey. This process allows for a collaborative group effort, with the goal of providing local, authentic voices on state policy issues that impact communities around the state.
Role of Local Chamber Grassroots Alliance Members
With the tools provided by AWB, Grassroots Alliance members will have the opportunity to become more familiar with the legislative process and AWB policy positions to offer a unified voice locally and in the Legislature. Alliance members will:
- Become a statewide voice on top common issues
- Communicate Alliance and AWB economic and policy information to members
- Identify key industry voices to speak with authority on the top issues
- Share information on key issues, transportation, education and minimum wage, with the community and explain the impacts the issues have on economic growth
- Will identify within membership authentic voices that can speak locally, and occasionally to the media, on the top priorities established by the Grassroots Alliance