Mission StatementThe Grassroots Alliance was established with the support of 35 chambers of commerce across the state. The goal is to solidify and grow this local grassroots network to support the legislative and economic development goals of AWB and the chambers.
Download the Local Advocates & Legislative Leaders & Sign-Up sheet below
What we can offer you, and what you can offer us
2017 Legislative Issues
AWB will poll the 55-plus chambers participating in the Grassroots Alliance mid-year to arrive at the top three legislative issues for 2017. Like the past two legislative sessions, the top three Grassroots Alliance issues will be prioritized in order based on the survey. This process will allow for a collaborative group effort, with the goal of providing local, authentic voices on state policy issues that impact communities around the state.
Role of Local Chamber Grassroots Alliance Members
With the tools provided by AWB, Grassroots Alliance members will have the opportunity to become more familiar with the legislative process and AWB policy positions to offer a unified voice locally and in the Legislature. Alliance members will:
- Become a statewide voice on top common issues
- Communicate Alliance and AWB economic and policy information to members
- Identify key industry voices to speak with authority on the top issues
- Share information on key issues, transportation, education and minimum wage, with the community and explain the impacts the issues have on economic growth
- Will identify within membership authentic voices that can speak locally, and occasionally to the media, on the top priorities established by the Grassroots Alliance