Forgot Password?

2014 Greenbook

How green is the Evergreen State? According to national data compiled for our 2014 Competitiveness Greenbook, Washington is green indeed. From our transportation sector to our hydroelectric-charged power grid, Washington compares well with the rest of the nation and world.

In fact, information pulled from a variety of state and federal governmental and nonprofit sources shows that Washington is a leader in many key environmental categories.

A few notable facts from the new Greenbook:

  • Washington ranks second nationally in the generation of renewable electricity (table 20) and first in the nation in hydropower generation (table 21).
  • Washington residents commute more (table 15) and use less gasoline per capita (table 13) than people in most other states.
  • Washington generates 0.21 percent of the world's total carbon dioxide emissions. The rest of the world produces 99.79 percent.
  • Washington's share of global carbon emissions has dropped by a third since 1990.
Competitiveness matters, and as Washington looks toward new environmental initiatives in the future, the Greenbook helps illustrate how successful this state has already been.

To purchase your copy, please click here.

To enter your code for the mobile version, please click here.