Friday Phone Briefing
2011 Week 1: Session Preview
(Recorded Jan. 14, 2011) In the first Friday phone briefing of the 2011 Legislative session, AWB Vice President of Government Affairs Gary Chandler discusses some early trends and legislation that the business community should pay attention to.
- Early legislative trends.
- Efforts to balance the budget and the possibility of a supplemental budget.
- Government reforms including education, agency consolidation, and reforming the state ferry system
- Unemployment Insurance reform
- Political action committee reform