Bill Tracking Webinar: Navigating leg.wa.gov
10:00 am - 11:30 am
The decisions made by lawmakers affect your daily life, but how do you keep track of what’s happening in the Legislature? Trying to figure out what’s happening in the halls of Olympia is sometimes described as trying to take a sip out of a firehose.
AWB is here to help you learn how to understand what’s happening in the House, Senate and governor’s office through our Bill Tracking Webinar: Navigating leg.wa.gov on Wednesday, Jan. 09, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Cheri Randich of the Legislative Information Center will lead the class, which you can access from anywhere via the Internet.
Her class is an in-depth look on the “advanced features” of the Legislature available online to track and respond to legislation. Topics she’ll cover include how to:
- Look up a bill (by bill number or topic)
- Access intros and bill status lists
- Use Detailed Legislative Reports
- Find old bills from previous sessions
- Set up and use the website's bill tracking system
- Use the advanced search engines to locate bills and laws
- Set up and use the GovDelivery e-mail notification system for hearing times and agendas
For questions or more information, contact Kelli Schueler at 360.943.1600.