Don't Get Burned by Boilerplate Contracts and How to Manage Non-Compete Agreements
8:30 am - 11:00 am
Online Registration is Now Closed--If you would like to attend the event there is still room and we hope to see you there!
Davis Wright Tremaine—Bellevue Office
777 108th Avenue NE Suite 2300
Bellevue, WA 98004-5149
Join AWB and Davis Wright Tremaine partner Greg Hendershott on October 2nd for a detailed examination of language and nuances in standard clauses found in contracts, compensation agreements, non-compete and other standard documents.
Hendershott, an employment law and litigation attorney, will offer practical solutions for managers and HR professionals on these pressing issues.
Contract Drafting for Non-Lawyers: Don’t get Burned by Boilerplate
In many lawsuits, companies face exposure because an executive or HR Professional reused a form or document that either contained harmful language or omitted helpful language. Other topics for discussion include:
• What are the hidden traps in the legalese of form documents that can create litigation?
• What do terms like "integration," "severability," "choice of law," "indemnification" and similar terms mean, and which ones make sense to include in your agreements?
• Offer Letters, Compensation Plans, Commission Plans, Bonus Agreements, Handbooks, Executive Employment Agreements, Severance Agreements and Confidentiality Agreements.
How to Manage Non-Compete Agreements
Attendees will also discuss:
• What kinds of agreements make sense for your company?
• What are the important differences between Confidentiality, Non-Solicit, Non-Compete and Inventions Assignment Agreements?
• Which state's law should apply to your agreements?
• What do you do when someone you want to hire has a non-compete agreement with his/her existing company?
9:00 a.m. Registration Opens
9:30 a.m. Don't Get Burned By Boilerplate Contracts Seminar
10:30 a.m. Break
11:00 a.m. How to Manage Non-Compete Agreements Seminar
Member: One seminar: $30. Register for both: $50
Non-Member: One seminar: $35/ Register for both: $60
Greg Hendershott, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
Hendershott offers clients first-chair litigation and trial experience in a range of employment matters, including class action wage and hour matters, employment discrimination, bonus and commission pay, and non-compete/trade secret cases. He also handles labor matters including collective bargaining, unfair labor practice charges, arbitrations and strikes. Hendershott also advises employers in all areas of legal compliance, from compensation and executive employment agreements to disability, leaves of absence, handbooks and policies, discipline and sensitive terminations.